Considering a GPS System for Your Farm? Ask Yourself These Questions, First
Are you considering investing in a guidance system for your farm? Before you make your decision about acquiring a precision GPS system, here are some things to consider:
- How much will it cost? Is the cost justifiable for your business? Will the value that the system adds make up for the cost of acquiring it?
- What type of system will you purchase? Options abound in this area—how will you determine which particular setup is right for you?
- How, specifically, will the system you acquire be used on your farm? What particular jobs are you hoping that the GPS can perform, or at least make more efficient, for you? Does the system your looking at have the correct capabilities?
- Does the system you’re considering integrate with the other farm tech you already use? What technologies and/or software systems do you already rely upon? Will they work well with a GPS system?
- Do you have a place to safely house and use the GPS system? How will you ensure its security? Is your internet connection strong enough to support the system?
For more details, read the article in full at Farm Management.