Farm Management During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Navigating uncertainty is the key to keeping farm operations going during the COVID-19 pandemic, writes Gil Gullickson in a recent article for Successful Farming. The author recently attended a webinar that offered the following tips for farm managers:
- Be mentally prepared for uncertainty and unpredictability.
- Make the difficult decisions necessary to best position your organization for success.
- Create a budget and track your farm’s performance.
- Remember that it is many small decisions, not a few big ones, that make the difference right now.
- Strive to lock in current low fuel prices and interest rates.
- Do not be afraid to make decisions.
- Keep your focus on future targets and goals, rather than getting bogged down in the past.
- Beware of excessive cost cutting that can lead to lower future revenue.
- Partner with others in your community to discuss strategy and work together.
- Understand that these events will have a long-term impact.
For further details, click here to read the article in full.