Making the Most of Your Farm’s ‘Off Season’
Many farmers tend to take it easy during the off season, however, this is actually some of the most important time for your business. When spent wisely, farmers can use winter months to make big progress towards their goals by taking time to plan.
Darren Frye, from Farm Futures, offers the following five steps for using your ‘off season’ time more effectively:
- Decide how you will focus your time throughout the year – this could include working toward financial goals, building relationships, developing employee retention tactics, and streamlining systems.
- Determine your goals and develop a plan for achieving them.
- Utilize resources, such as financial planners, books and podcasts, or seminars on your industry.
- Focus on things that will benefit your business and spend time developing your knowledge and skills in those areas.
- Use your time now to plan out the rest of your winter season.
For more information, read the article in full at Farm Futures.