Taking Good Care of Your Team During Busy Season
Planting season is a busy and often stressful time. It can be particularly wearing on a farm’s workforce. In a recent article for AG Web, author Sara Schafer offers some tips for farm managers looking to offer improved support to their team during busy season. She suggests the following:
- Make sure your workforce is big enough. A labor shortage is draining on everyone. To avoid this issue, consider taking on some seasonal employees.
- Keep your team up-to-date on your plan. Knowing what’s happening and why goes a long way when it comes to worker satisfaction and efficient operations.
- Establish back-up workers for key positions. Make sure that you have relief in place for workers in key positions.
- Be sure to take good care of your workers. This includes offering regular breaks, having water readily available, and keeping them nourished.
- Pay close attention to signs of stress. Be on the lookout for indications that your workforce is overly tired.
For more details, read the article in full at AG Web.